Four people were injured Monday morning following a fire triggered by a gas leak in an apartment in the Beirut neighborhood of Tariq al-Jadideh, the Civil Defense said in a statement. Earlier in the morning, the Director-General of the Civil Defense, Raymond Khattar, contacted by L'Orient-Le Jour, mentioned that three people had been injured.
According to the statement of the fire department, the people were injured following an explosion due to a gas leak in an apartment on the first floor of a building.
The Civil Defense intervened and extinguished the fire.
Khattar said that two of the injured were in the apartment and suffered burns. They were hospitalized at Geitawi Hospital. The third injured person was a passerby in the street who broke her foot after stones fell from the building.
A fourth person was treated at the scene, according to the Civil Defense.
In mid-December, several people were injured in a gas leak explosion at the residential complex of Beit Misk in Metn