When visiting our website, www.lorientlejour.com, information may be stored in “cookies” installed in your computer, tablet or mobile phone. This page is to understand what a cookie is, what it is used for and how it can be set up.
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that can be saved, subject to your choice, in a dedicated space on your device’s hard drive, when viewing an online service using your browser software.
A cookie file allows its sender to identify the device in which it is stored during the validity period.
2. What are the cookies issued on our site used for?
Only the issuer of a cookie is likely to read or modify the information contained therein.
Cookies used on our site identify the services and topics that the user has visited, and more generally their visit behavior. This information is useful to better customize the services, content, promotional offers and banners that appear on our site and to facilitate your browsing on our site. Cookies are also required for certain services to function properly or to measure their audience.
Cookies may be included in our site’s advertising spaces. These spaces contribute to financing content and services we provide you with.
2.1 The cookies we issue on our site
When you log in to our site, we may, subject to your choice, install in your device various cookies that allow us to recognize the browser on your device during the validity of the relevant cookie.
The cookies we issue are used for the purposes described below, subject to your choices as a result of the settings of your browser software used during your visit to our site.
The cookies we issue enable us to:
A. Facilitate your navigation on our website:
- by adapting the presentation of our site to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our site, depending on the visualization or reading hardware and software that your device contains;
- storing information about a form you have completed on our site (registration or access to your account) or products, services or information you have chosen on our site (service subscribed, content viewed, purchase made etc.);
- allowing you to access reserved and personal spaces of our site, such as your account, through identifiers or data that you may have previously entrusted to us; and
- implementing security measures.
B. Improve our services:
These cookies make it possible to have statistics and volume of traffic and use of our site’s various elements (topics and content visited, trails) in order to improve interest in our services and their usability.
C. Adapt advertising proposed on our site:
- by counting the total number of ads displayed by us on our advertising space, identify these ads and the number of users who clicked on each ad, and have statistics;
- adapting our advertising space to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.), depending on the visualization or reading hardware and software that your device contains;
- adapting the advertising content displayed on your device with our advertising spaces, depending on your device’s navigation on our site;
- adapting the advertising content displayed on your device in our advertising spaces, according to location data transmitted by your device with your prior agreement; and
- adapting the advertising content displayed on your device in our advertising spaces, according to the personal data you provide us with.
2.2 Cookies issued on our site by third parties
A) Due to third-party applications integrated into our site:
We may include third-party computer applications on our site/application that allow you to share content on our site with others or to share your views or opinions about content on our site/application with others. These include the “share” and “like” buttons from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
The social network providing such an application button may identify you with this button, even if you do not use this button when you view our site/application. This type of application button can allow the relevant social network to track your browsing on our site, simply because your account at the relevant social network is activated on your device (open session) during your browsing on our site.
We have no control over the process used by social networks to collect information related to your browsing on our site and associated with the personal data available to the networks. We invite you to review the privacy policies of these social networks to learn about the purposes of using navigation information (especially ad navigation information) that the networks can collect through these application buttons. In particular, these protection policies must allow you to make your choices on these social networks, including setting up your usage accounts for each of these networks.
B) Via third party content broadcast in our advertising space:
Advertising content may contain cookies issued by third parties: either the advertiser behind the advertising content, or a third-party company with the advertiser (communication consulting agency, audience measurement company, targeted advertising provider, etc.), which has associated a cookie to the advertising content.
Cookies issued by such third parties may, if applicable, allow them, during the period of validity of such cookies:
- to count the number of displays of advertising content broadcast via our advertising spaces, and to identify the ads thus displayed and the number of users who clicked on each ad, enabling the third parties to calculate the amounts due thereby and to have statistics; and
- to recognize your device when it later navigates any other site or service on which these advertisers or third parties also issue cookies and, where appropriate, adapt these third-party sites and services or the ads they distribute with your device’s browsing that may be known to these advertisers or third parties.
C) By an external advertising agency operating our advertising space
The advertising space on our site may be operated by one or more external advertising agencies and, if applicable, contain cookies issued by one of these agencies. Cookies issued by such external advertising agencies, if applicable, allow them, during the period of validity of these cookies:
- to count the total number of ads displayed by them on our advertising space and to identify these ads, their number of respective displays, the number of users who clicked on each ad and, where appropriate, the subsequent actions taken by those users on the pages to which these ads lead, in order to calculate the amounts due to players in the advertising distribution chain (advertisers, communication agencies, advertising agencies, distribution site/medium) and to have statistics;
- to adapt the advertising space they operate to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.), depending on the hardware and software for viewing or reading that your device contains;
- to adapt the advertising content displayed on your device via our advertising spaces according to your device’s navigation on our site;
- to adapt the advertising content displayed on your device via our advertising spaces according to your device’s previous or later navigation on third party sites in which the relevant agency also issues cookies, provided that these cookies have been registered in your device in accordance with the choices you have made regarding this agency;
- to adapt the advertising content displayed on your device via our advertising spaces according to location data (longitude and latitude) transmitted by your device with your prior agreement; and
- to adapt the advertising content displayed on your device in our advertising spaces according to the personal data that you provide this advertising agency with.
3. Your choice about cookies
The choices that are offered to you by your navigation software:
You can configure your browser software to store cookies on your device, or to reject cookies, either systematically or according to their issuer. You can also configure your browser software to allow you to accept or reject cookies from time to time, before a cookie is likely to be stored on your device. For more information, see “How to make your choices, depending on the browser you are using?”
A. Agreement on Cookies
A cookie registration in a device is subject to the will of the device user, who can set and modify it at any time and free of charge through the choices offered by their browser software. If you have accepted in your browser software cookie registration in your device, cookies embedded in the pages and content you have viewed may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your device. They will only be readable by their transmitter.
B. Refusal of Cookies
If you refuse to save cookies on your device, or if you delete cookies from your device, you will no longer be able to take advantage of a number of features necessary to browse certain spaces of our site. This would be the case if you tried to access our content or services that require you to identify yourself. This would also be the case when we – or our providers – cannot recognize, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser your device uses, its language and display settings, or the country where your device appears to be connected to the internet. If so, we do not accept any liability for the consequences of degraded operation of our services resulting from our inability to register or check the cookies necessary for their operation that you have refused or deleted.
C. How to make your choices, depending on the browser you are using?
For managing cookies and your choices, each browser has a different configuration. It is described in your browser’s help menu, which will allow you to know how to change your cookie desires.
• For Internet Explorer™
• For Safari™
• For Chrome™
• For Firefox™
• For Opera™
D) “Flash”© cookies from “Adobe Flash Player”™
“Adobe Flash Player”™ is a computer application that enables the rapid development of dynamic content using “Flash” computer language. Flash (and similar applications) remembers the settings, preferences and the use of such content with a technology similar to cookies. However, “Adobe Flash Player”™ manages this information and your choices through an interface different from that provided by your browser software.
Because your device might view content developed with Flash, we invite you to access your Flash cookie management tools directly from http://www.adobe.com/#.
E) Collection of personal information from our mobile applications (iPhone, Android and Windows)
Our applications may collect personal information such as your name and surname, address, phone number, email address, geolocation and other data that can help identify you. We do not record the history of your geolocation in our systems; we use this data only to optimize your user experience. We record other personal data to better satisfy your requests and to track your purchases, print subscriptions, digital subscriptions and email alerts or to subscribe you to our newsletter.
We do not share this information with a third party. Nor do we sell this information to a third party.
We can use your name and email address to send you, via a company that provides us with specific services, a newsletter, a promotional offer or follow-up messages regarding your personal account with us. By using our services, you agree to provide us with this information.
If at any point you wish to request the deletion of your data, please send us an email to [email protected] and a member of our team will get in touch with you to complete the process.