Israeli guards killed a Palestinian near a settlement in the occupied West Bank, Palestinian health officials said Sunday, with the Israeli military alleging he was armed.
Karam Ali Ahmad Salman, 18, was shot dead by "the Israeli occupation near the settlement of 'Kedumim,'" the Palestinian Health Ministry reported.
Israel's army said a "civilian security team" shot a person "armed with a handgun" near the settlement in the northern West Bank.
The Palestinian Health Ministry reported that Kedumim was built on privately owned Palestinian land.
Israel has occupied the West Bank since the 1967 Six-Day War and settlements are regarded as illegal under international law, a charge Israel disputes.
Salman is one of at least 34 Palestinians killed in the West Bank this month, including civilians and militants, according to an AFP tally based on official sources from both sides.
The Palestinian Health Ministry also announced on Sunday a 24-year-old man, Omar Tariq Ali al-Saadi, died from wounds sustained Thursday during an Israeli raid on Jenin.
Nine other Palestinians had been killed in Jenin on Thursday in the deadliest West Bank raid by Israeli forces in nearly two decades.
Separately, on Sunday a Jerusalem hospital spokeswoman said a Palestinian had died after being wounded during clashes with Israeli forces last week.
The Palestinian died on Friday night, the Shaare Zedek hospital spokeswoman told AFP, without immediately providing the person's name or age.
A Palestinian gunman killed seven people Friday outside a synagogue in Israeli-annexed east Jerusalem.
In response to the deadly attack, the Israeli government announced a slew of measures including "steps to strengthen settlements."
The latest violence follows a surge in killings last year.
Some 235 people died in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict last year, with nearly 90 percent of the fatalities on the Palestinian side, according to AFP figures.